There are three basic categories of information we collect
Information you provide
- Information you provide
- Information we collect when you use our services
- Information we collect from the retailer or brand who provided the service
When you use one of our services, we collect information that you provide us. For example, name, email, running habits such as long-distance or short distance, sports position, preferred category of footwear, date of birth, and similar information related to you and your feet. Since footwear is generally categorized by gender then we also collect gender information so that we know which category of shoes to display.
Most of our services include an ability to save a user profile allowing re-access of your information for future footwear shopping. If you create a profile, including a family profile, then any information you provide within that profile will be stored by us. For example, you may choose to add your children’s information into your family profile alongside your profile. When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.Information we collect from your use of our services
Our services will generate information about you when you use one of our services. For example, the service will generate a 3D foot scan if you complete a scan and will also generate information about how you’ve used the service. We might know, for instance, that you interacted with your 3D foot scan for a specific amount of time or that you got stuck somewhere through the process. Here is a full explanation of the categories of information we collect when you use our services:
Information we collect from the retail or brand partner who provided you our service
- Images, photos and videos. These are required in order to generate your 3D foot scan. For instance, when using the Mobile App your device’s camera will be used to capture images of your feet which are used to generate your 3D foot scan.
- Data on physical characteristics. Once a 3D foot scan is generated then our services will use the 3D foot scan to generate measurements such as foot width, length, arch height, heel to toe length, instep height.
- Annotated notes. When using the in-store 3D Scanner, the store clerk may create annotated notes which reflect observations about your feet. This information can help when selecting a pair of shoes or when creating a custom footwear product.
- Usage information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For instance, this may include which functions in our apps you used, which pages were viewed, buttons you have selected, or whether there were any errors during your use of our service.
- Device Information. When using our services, for instance, the Mobile App or when accessing your 3D scan online, we collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, browser type, signal strength, language, and time zone, as well as information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as IP address. This helps us understand if our service is having trouble with a particular phone model or operating system and to monitor and analyze trends and usage. We also collect information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses which help create the 3D foot scan on our Mobile app.
- Location. When you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, and Wi-Fi access points.
- Pressure information. Volumental’s 3D Foot Scanner may be integrated with a brand partner’s pressure mat located in the store. In such cases, Volumental may also collect foot pressure data and related physical characteristics from the pressure mat.
We collect information about you from our retail or brand partner who provide you our services. The information we collect includes your history of footwear purchases and related data. For instance, we may collect data about which shoe styles you have previously purchased including purchase date, size, width, and price. This information helps us make and improve our footwear recommendations.